50 years of experience and knowledge
Thanks for your interest in careers at DFMZ! To apply for any job posting, please send your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line of your email.
2019-06-24 - Installation Services Manager
POSITION TITLE: Installation Services Manager
DURATION: Full-Time, 40hrs/week, Monday-Friday
BENEFITS: Competitive Salary, Benefits and Performance Bonus
REPORTING: Director of Operations & Manufacturing
With over 50 years of experience and knowledge in the particulate and contamination control industry; DFMZ is a leading innovator in the design, development and manufacture of quality environmental and particulate control solutions. DFMZ is a well-established fixture in the cleanroom; laboratory ventilation equipment; and health and sciences landscape. Our equipment and cleanroom systems are designed to provide a high degree of product, personnel; and environmental protection for varying industries; including pharmaceutical, healthcare, science & technology, as well as industrial and commercial. DFMZ is dedicated to providing exceptional products and services with a focus on quality, efficiency and superior customer service. Based in Ottawa, DFMZ systems are deployed throughout North America and in other parts of the world.
DFMZ is looking for an Installation Services Manager, based in Ottawa, to assist in its growth strategy. This is a unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced, multi-faceted culture where many client solutions are fully custom. We are searching for individuals who demonstrate initiative and leadership; enjoys the challenge of solving problems; and can work in a technical environment. The Manager is responsible for learning the full line of DFMZ products and working crossfuntionally with the other internal departments. This position is responsible for the Installation Services of our business.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
• Create and execute strategy for the installation services department, including planning, process development, goal setting and future growth plans to ensure an effortless customer experience and to increase efficiency and profitability
• Establish proactive customer site preparation process (customer safety protocols, customer site preparation expectations, industry best practices, etc).
• Ensure Quality Control and compliance certification processes are educated and followed within the organization
• Lead all efforts of installation services on customer sites, keeping a high level attention to detail and quality
• Lead the DFMZ safety committee and ensuring the protection of all DFMZ customers and employees
• Establish relationships with different contractors to help grow and support the installation services team
• Build an educated part-time team that can support installations when needed
• Work closely with the production team to set processes to ensure seamless installations at all customer sites
• Provide debriefs of all installations with the production and sales team to share areas of improvement
• Estimate costs accurately and efficiently and communicate these costs with the production and sales team to ensure installation services are profitable
• Manage installation services project contracts and make all preparations necessary leading up to the install date
• Maintain a daily record of DFMZ installation schedule and ensure customer delivery commitments are met
• Set and enforce quality controls and safety standards
• Work with Design & Engineering department to create manuals to allow customers to arrange their own installation if preferred
• Attend relevant training sessions, read trade journals and study the competition to become a product expert
• Attention to detail – the smallest details can have a significant impact, the Installation Services Manager should have a keen eye for detail and do whatever necessary to drive improvement
• Strategic thinking –must be comfortable with making quick decisions in high-pressure situations, choosing the next course of action through critical thinking and holistic analysis
• Project management –oversee multiple projects that are large in scope, and proactively provide timeline updates to design and engineering department and the sales team
• Ensure the proper tool kits are up to date
• Maintain a positive attitude and open-line of communication with co-workers and customers both internal and external
• Train customers and end-users on the use and care of the equipment solution where required
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Education (preferred level): High School Diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Knowledge/Experience/Skills: At least 5 years of installation services and construction experience, preferably in the health and sciences industry.
• Drivers License and experience with using traditional tools and power tools
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills both verbal and written.
• Familiar with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and ability to understand engineering drawings and schematics
• Ability to travel across Canada, United States and occasionally other countries.
• Preferably bilingual (English/French)
Are you interested in joining the team at DFMZ but you don't see a job posting for what you're interested in? We still want to hear from you!
SEND US A MESSAGE and tell us
why you want to be a part of DFMZ.